Outpatient Treatment In Fort Lauderdale, FL
What is Outpatient Substance Abuse Rehabilitation?
Outpatient rehab is one of the many options a person may choose to recover from their health challenges. It involves attending regular group and individual counseling sessions a few times each week for a limited number of hours. The recovering person continues to live independently during treatment. They do not stay overnight at a residential facility. As mentioned above, this option is ideal for people who are caregivers and/or need to continue working or attending school.
Request a Confidential Callback
What Are The Types of Outpatient Treatments In Fort Lauderdale Available?
Outpatient treatment in Fort Lauderdale offers a variety of treatment options that are usually categorized as the following:
- Intensive Outpatient Programs which have participants attend treatment 3-5 times each week for 2-4 hour blocks of time.
- Partial Hospitalization Programs are for individuals that require a more comprehensive ongoing treatment for their recovery. These participants live independently in a community housing component.
- Standard Outpatient Programs offer therapy and counseling services a few times each week along with medication management, group counseling and 12 step program support. It requires a commitment of 1-2 hours a couple times each week. There are also possible skills training and social integration services to help the recovering person successfully integrate into a productive, healthy life.
How Long Does Outpatient Treatment Last?
The journey to recovery from addiction is a highly personalized experience and each person responds differently to the different treatment options depending on the severity of their addiction as well as any other medical conditions they may have. With this in mind a customized treatment plan is developed. The average outpatient recovery program lasts 8-10 weeks.
Is Detox Part Of The Outpatient Treatment in Fort Lauderdale Experience?
A medically supervised detox allows recovering addicts to safely come off of drugs and alcohol. It is important to have access to emergency intervention if needed. This process is not usually part of an outpatient program. The focus of outpatient treatment in Fort Lauderdale is normally behavioral therapy and medication management. If you are in need of detox services prior to attending our outpatient treatment reach out to our admissions team and we will help you find a detox program that meets your needs.
What is The Policy for Relapse?
It is not uncommon for the recovering addict to experience a relapse. Overconfidence in their own recovery, incorrect type of treatment, exposure to various triggers such as poor support, stress or peer pressure can cause relapse to occur. This can be frustrating for individuals and their families. The sooner steps are taken to intervene after a relapse, the easier it will be to have success. A good treatment facility will provide added support as the person makes their way back to sobriety. They will also take care to evaluate those considering treatment so that the appropriate type might be recommended. Sometimes inpatient admission may be the best option.
With this in mind, it is important to consider all the therapy options available when considering a place of treatment. Are there individual as well as group settings for counseling? Does the program offer support in treating other mental health conditions that can occur simultaneously with addiction such as depression, anxiety or other disorders? What specific substances does the facility treat? Is the facility in a convenient location for commuting to?
Does Insurance Cover the Cost of Substance Abuse Rehabilitation?
Outpatient treatment in Fort Lauderdale is one of the most affordable forms of recovery for substance abuse or mental health disorders. It is less expensive than an inpatient, residential treatment program so it works well for people with limited resources and /or a lack of insurance. It is important to communicate financial concerns to the staff you are working with so they can discuss all your options. Insurance is also more apt to cover outpatient treatment for a longer period of time since the cost of the treatment is lower. At The Healing Center we will do a verification of benefits in order to see what your insurance will cover and create a realistic plan of action if you have any out of pocket costs. Our team is here to help you through the stressful aspect of finances and insurance when it comes to finding addiction treatment.
Benefits Of Outpatient Treatment in Fort Lauderdale
There are many benefits to attending an outpatient program. The advantages of our outpatient program in Fort Lauderdale, FL include:
- Flexibility – outpatient programs allow clients to attend treatment during the morning, afternoon, or night time. The flexible hours allow for our clients to attend their jobs, family obligations, and other responsibilities normally.
- Cost – the cost of outpatient treatment in Fort Lauderdale is much more affordable then other options such as residential treatment.
- Therapeutic Services– The Healing Center’s outpatient treatment program offers both group therapy and individual therapy.
- Medication Management– many of our clients require medication management services. In our outpatient program the clients who are prescribed medications have access to our psychiatrist and nursing staff on a weekly basis.
- Case Management- we also offer our clients case management services. Case managers help clients with a multitude of different things including finding doctors, aftercare planning, help wih job searches, and connecting clients with community resources.
There is hope
Here at The Healing Center we offer a safe and effective outpatient treatment program in Fort Lauderdale, FL for individuals suffering from drug addiction, mental health disorders, alcoholism, and dual diagnoses. We are passionate about helping our clients achieve and maintain long-term recovery and offer a variety of programs and services that help to encourage that goal. Contact our admissions team now to learn about how we can help you or your loved one today.
Get In Touch
Request a Confidential Evaluation
Partial hospitalization or PHP is the highest level of outpatient care for addiction and mental health treatment in South Florida. PHP programs provide individuals that have completed just detox or residential treatment the first step toward reintegration back into daily living. The Healing Center in Fort Lauderdale, FL provides a comprehensive and well rounded PHP program in Fort Lauderdale, FL for addiction and mental health treatment. Learn more about our PHP program in South Florida today.